Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Custom Munny

I don't know if anyone on here is a fan of Kidrobot's Munny or Dunny vinyl toys, but they sell blank ones for you to customize. A few weeks ago I picked up a white one to play with, and here's the results.



Not too bad for a first attempt. I painted it with spray paint by masking out areas with blue painter's tape. The head and arms come off, which made painting a lot easier. I found that the gloss finish paint dries real slow, but the flat black I used went down easy. It's supposed to be sort of a self portrait. The spray can accessory was from a Simpsons toy, which fit perfectly in his hand. I really want to customize another one soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My freind painted one of these: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=101605205

Chogrin said...

Nice! You should totally make a Dwigh Schrute one!

pw! said...

super impressive Jeff!

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.