Sunday, November 2, 2008

Autumn, le fin

11.75x16", red pencil and digital

Hi guys. Here's the last Autumn piece. I don't know which you guys prefer- I like them both- but this is more finished to me.

I wanted to try some new things with this piece so you'll see some more abstract mark making, background painting with no line, some textural elements, etc. There's some more experimenting that I plan to do that didn't make it into this piece, so we'll save it for later pieces. First on my list is to try some more graphic pieces. It's a gamble because I love trying to be sensitive to the opportunities that come from light and I feel like I loose a bit of that when the work is more graphic. On the other hand, the drawing becomes much more important. So. some more work to be done. Anyway, thanks guys!

5 comments:

Eric Braddock said...

Looking good, man! I actually like this one more than the other. For different reasons, but this one has some really nice things going on, I think it turned out really well. Great colors, I like the palette for this a lot. But then again, who doesn't like earth tones? ;)

Chogrin said...

Beautiful. I love them both equally.

Unknown said...

nice piece. the tones are really nice. I personally prefer this piece, i think it's more harmonious.

Daniel Fishel said...

Hands down amazing!

pw! said...

one of your absolute best

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.