Sunday, June 14, 2009

Buddha/Lotus

Buddha, Lotus, and the Wheel, 8.25x14", pencil/ink/digital

Hi all. This is a piece I just finished (sorta) for my show in July at Chapterhouse. I'm not quite sure what to say about it- it came a sketchbook drawing I did at an event and is something of an amalgamation of several ideas. I'm still working on different processes and looking for input on this piece, since it's a bit different from the work I've been doing recently. Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

PS- Hope it's cool with y'all. I'm not a Buddhist myself, but I find a lot of imagery around it to be really interesting and wanted to work within that framework.

9 comments:

BRADFORD said...

Tim, this is awesome. I am looking forward to your show.

Alicia Neal said...

This is lovely. The colors are brilliant.

Jay Bevenour said...

Wow, Tim!
That sure am purty.
-j

illworx said...

I love the green/pink interplay. The closest I've come to Buddhism is taking some yoga classes, so you're A-OK in my book! All kidding aside, it's a beautiful image. When's the show exactly?
-ryan

Tim Durning said...

Thanks so much, guys. Glad to hear it got a good response.

Illworx- The opening is July 10th, from 6-9. Hope to see you there!

Murderous T Stabwell said...

definitely a cool color scheme, and the cracked face is very compelling. whats the deal with the (sorta) next to finished? are you implying it's not finished yet?

Tim Durning said...

hey alex, well i'm still toying with things like different textural accents, especially cause I think the upper 1/4 of the piece is a bit flat. but glad you liked it!

pw! said...

huge leap forward; way to go. you are doing something amazing with the textures and ornate qualities. a really nice marriage. awesome

Murderous T Stabwell said...

okay, gotcha. well i will reserve any more comments until i see what more you add, but i think it definitely comes across as finished now.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.