Friday, August 21, 2009

Calling All Seamen...

Here is my latest entry for the Cave Drawing Ink sketch contest. Since I won the last one, I got to choose the theme this time around. And out of all of the choices there were, this was my favorite. However after I picked this topic I realized that even though I absolutely LOVED G.I.Joe toys when I was a wee one, I didn't really know much about them. I mean they were basically my favorite toys. I would have these huge battles with that took over my entire living room floor and fireplace area. Building forts and bases out of all of the VHS tapes we had... oh sweet childhood memories. But back to it, I based my favorites solely on who looked the coolest. I even (dare i say it?!) mixed and matched Joes and Cobras! But I realized I never really watched the cartoon or paid much attention to their names except for a few here and there; Snake Eyes! Seriously though, why would a Special Ops Team really need a ninja?! (besides the fact that ninjas are just cool...) And furthermore, why would their nemesis need one to counter act him? Why wouldn't someone just blow these guys up with a cannon or something?! Well anyways, I took this opportunity to make a cool cartoony WW2 recruiting poster and a side of sexual innuendo (in-your-endo). Well anyways... it's going to be up for voting again along side some other neato pieces in the contest so go vote for me here!

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.