Sunday, August 2, 2009

King of Pop vs. King of Hop


Hi Everyone, here's my submission for the 8 Bit & Beyond Show! I decided to do Q*bert, since that was one of my favorite arcade games as a child. I fondly remember playing Q*bert in Chucky Cheese's, back when it felt like a tavern for kids... it was dark and they had no windows. I wanted to do more than just Q*bert hopping around. Then I thought about another character that "lit up" squares as he stepped on them, Michael Jackson in the "Billie Jean" video. With Michael all over the news, this inspiration was hard to avoid. So I went with it. I like that the video and Q*bert are from the same era, I'm sure someone thought about the similarities before.

2 comments:

Juanma said...

good job on the ball grab move.

weee hee hee!

Christopher Soprano said...

Great concept.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.