Monday, September 14, 2009

The Illustrated Poe


As you might recall, this past February, Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction put on a juried art exhibition called "The Great Lincoln! Memorial Tableaux" to celebrate Lincoln's 2ooth birthday. I created the well received "Lincoln's Ghost" illustration for that show, that went on to be a part of the Lincoln 200 exhibition at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia in July.

AITA now has an open call for entries for their 200th birthday celebration of writer and past Philly resident, the one and only, Edgar Allen Poe. Here is my submission. I have titled it, "The Illustrated Poe". Click on the image for a larger view. Wish me luck!
Enjoy,

M

4 comments:

minder.s said...

Good luck! That's a badass image.

Caitlin Welsh said...

I like this concept a lot. Great likeness. Love the suit.

Eric Braddock said...

Lookin good! :) I like the idea.

Murderous T Stabwell said...

ah, good luck once again! piece looks great. i just sent my piece in as well

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.