Saturday, October 3, 2009

Summer Tanager

Have you ever done a painting that was no bid deal to you, just something simple and fun, but that's the painting that everyone loves the most. and you're like "Hey what about this other stuff that I spent lots of time on and has real meaning?" I think every artist has one of those. Well, that painting for me is the Summer Tanager. I could have sold that painting about 30 times now, if i didn't already sell it. I guess everyone loves it because it's something they a recognize and relate to and because it would look good in their living room. My Grammy is one of those people who will constantly remind me that she loves it and keeps hinting to me that I should do more painting like that and that she wants one. So for her birthday this Sunday (shh, don't tell her, it's a surprise) I painted her one. I changed it up a bit, so that I wouldn't get bored doing the same painting again. Sorry for rambling, I just needed to express myself on the subject.

New Summer Tanager.
Original Summer Tanager.

3 comments:

Murderous T Stabwell said...

i know exactly what you mean, and i happen to like the new one more, so i think that counts as a victory for you.

pw! said...

man this is one of the best posts Drew for so many reasons. i am so often baffled by the things people respond to, but it says something worth paying attention to. your grandma is going to LOVE the new one; they're both super

adam lamonaca said...

AWESOMe-O

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.