Thursday, June 24, 2010

This was no boating accident...

This is the first of two pieces I did for this years Crazy 4 Cult show at Gallery 1988. I was so stoked to do a Jaws print, it's one of my favorite movies. It's one of those movies that if I see it on TV i must watch, even though i've seen a ton of times and I could just pop in the DVD, but there's definitely something cool about catching it on TV. Plus, this year is the 35th anniversary of the film and it being summer right before the 4th of July really puts me in the mood for Jaws.
This will be available through the gallery starting July 9th, it's a 11" x 17" limited edition of 55 signed and numbered 5 color screenprint done by the fine folks at D&L Screenprinting who in my opinion are the absolute best in the business for screenprinting. I will post the other piece closer to the show, it quite scrumpdiddleumptious (hint, hint.)...

Crazy 4 Cult 4: the Case of the Redundant Number
Opening Night Friday, July 9th • 7-10 pm

Gallery 1988
7020 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
ph: 323-937-7088
hrs: Tues-Sun 11am-6pm
e-mail:gallery1988@aol.com

3 comments:

Bobby O'Herlihy said...

I'm so gonna be there, I'm gonna try and grab one of those prints too! Looks great.

Chogrin said...

Jaws has been popping everywhere recently. I guess in part due to the 35th anniversary, and this piece most definitely adds to the awesomeness!

NoseGo said...

This is rad. Congrats!

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.