We have surely done a lot in this month of October. We started out with the Hallowed Halloween Show, The Video Game Gore Show, and then set up the upcoming 8-BIT Calavera Installation at Ground Kontrol in Portland. So, why not one last minute event just in time for Halloween & Dia de los Muertos?!
We invite you to participate in an exclusive / last minute event just in time for these ghoulish and spiritual events!
We want you to Illustrate your own versions of a Halloween Pumpkin & and a Dia de los Muertos Sugar Skull. Now, we won't lie when we say that this whole idea was inspired by Alberto Cerriteno's wonderful pieces below:
So, what do you say? Let's end this month with a bang! This is an open art show, so everyone is invited to join in on the fun! These are the requirements to participate.
- 1 Pumpkin & 1 Sugar Skul Illustration per artist. Both must compliment each other.
- Work any size you want, but be sure to work in a SQUARE format and keep both pieces consistent to each other. (we might collect these into a book in the future, so we want them to be in the same size ratio)
- Please make sure your pieces have hanging wire or something they can hang on by a nail on the wall. Pieces without this, WILL NOT HANG.
- Please drop off your pieces to Brave New Worlds Comics by this Friday (October 29th). Their address is:
45 N. 2nd Street Philadelphia, PA
Hours – Sunday 11-6, Monday-Saturday 11-8
NOTE: Along with your pieces, please make sure you submit your participation sheet (see sheet below). Those NOT participating in physical gallery, need not apply.
- Again any artist is invited to participate! Local students from any Philadelphia Art School, please join us! Spread the word, invite your friends!
- The show will be up from October 31st to November 2nd, only @ Brave New Worlds Comics.
- Those who are not local or can't make it in time, please share your pieces here on the BLOG (please be sure to label your pieces under Pumpkins and Sugar Skulls)!
- Any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download & Print the Participation Sheet (for those participating in the physical Gallery) and the Black & White version of the flier below!