Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Holiday Work for WOWindow™ Posters

I thought I'd take some time to post about what I do at my in-house job. I work at WOWindows, LLC., where we make WOWindow™ Posters. These are really innovative decorations (right now for Halloween and Christmas, but we're planning to branch out to other occasions as well) that hang up in your window, and 'light up' using transmitted light from your household lamps. At night a beautiful illustration illuminates in your window for your neighbors to see. It's a pretty great effect, and a lot of time and care goes into making the art that is portrayed.
Aside from designing packaging and marketing materials for WOWindows, I also do some art direction and a great deal of file preparation. I get to work with some incredibly talented artists and make their work come to life in use. Printing on our plastic material is very tricky - we work hard to get the best, most brilliant coverage on our posters, making them opaque where they should be and letting them glow where its best.

I also get the occasional opportunity to illustrate the posters themselves. This is a great thrill for me, and by far one of the best things about my job. Here are a few of the holiday posters I created this year:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 3' x 5', pen and ink, digital


Menorah, 3' x 5', acrylic, digital


Wisemen, 3' x 5', pen and ink, digital


Advent Wreath, 3' x 5', pencil, digital

You can check out all the cool designs available (and stay tuned for the new 2012 stuff too!) at WOWindows.com.

www.JSinquett.com
jaclyn@jsinquett.com
908-783-7876

1 comment:

Murderous T Stabwell said...

thart manora piece is epic! obviously they all look nice, but i think that one's my fave.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.