Saturday, January 8, 2011

Portrait series


Kira


Jia


Cathleen

Amanda

Hey Everyone! So, this past month I was honored to be featured in a group portrait show called The People We Know at B2 in South Philadelphia. I wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who made it out to see the work. For those that couldn't, here they are. I did a series of portraits of good lady friends of mine, using flowers both as a decorative frame and as an understated, symbolic way of highlighting prominent features in each girl's face. Kira, with the long hair, uses wheat to emphasize the golden brown tones in her flowing locks. Jia has lovely full lips, so tulips were an obvious option. Cathleen has such striking eyes, and while hers are naturally brown I stretched reality a bit and made them a deep purplish blue to match the irises. And Amanda always has blushing rosy cheeks.
The concept was kinda corny, I know. But it looks pretty right? I'm happy with them. Hope you like them too :)

5 comments:

paulpalcko said...

beautiful portraits. striking. AND, I love how you let the wood grain show through. (BTW I am friends with Cat)

Kasey Tararuj said...

beautiful! very good choices for the flowers in each one. i enjoy reading why you chose each one also

NoseGo said...

I love this!

Daniel Fishel said...

these are really great!

pw! said...

wow. just amazing, as ALWAYS with you

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.