Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Summer of Love

Hey everyone, I'm new here. My name is Mike. I've seen a lot of your work, and I'm glad to finally contribute myself. Thanks to Chogrin for the invite.

Here's a recent drawing done in anticipation of the upcoming Phillies season. There's been a lot of hyperbole about how good four of their starting pitchers will be this year, so with a very good season potentially in the offing (despite some injuries since this drawing's completion), there are a lot of us who grew up with Mike Schmidt Starting Lineup action figures hoping for a Summer of Love in south Philadelphia. Enter the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album, which served as a soundtrack for that summer of 1967, and whose cover served as the basis for this drawing.

I'm available at my website, my blog, and I goof on Twitter. Cheers.



 

No comments:

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.