Sunday, September 25, 2011

La Reina!


Hey everyone! This is my piece for the ICONOCLASTIC DEAD show. It's of the lovely, talented and sadly deceased Selena. She was popular for her great music(a blend of cumbia and pop) and known to be a genuinely sweet, nice, and caring lady. Knowing that, I've always wanted to paint a "la virgen de guadelupe" and this seemed like the perfect oppurtunity do it while also giving selena the crown she deserves as the queen of cumbia pop.

The rest of what I've seen on here for the show looks awesome too and I'm really excited to be apart of it. Unfortunately I can't make it out to Mexico for the opening but I'm super stoked to see the coverage on it. Also had to get a new url since the last time I was able to post so here it is! Stay awesome Autumn Society.

WWW.COLLIEMILLSART.COM

No comments:

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.