Monday, December 5, 2011

Harrow's Security Shirt up on Teefury - Dec. 5 Only


Hey, Autumn Society Members - just wanted to drop some Teefury news...

I am a big fan of old-tymie things. I was really happy last year when I saw HBO had a show coming out about Atlantic City in the 1920's. The show has so many things I like. Scorsese is involved Buscemi is the lead. Who doesn't love that guy?. Plus all the sets, cars, suits, characters, music - this show is full of awesome stuff from my grandparents' heyday, when I would have preferred to live.

The one thing that really surprised me though was Richard Harrow's character. This lonely Phantom of the Opera/Slingblade type war hero took me by surprise and has turned out to be my favorite character in the show. He's that rogue, badass guy, kind of like Rorschach in Watchmen. I find these types of characters really interesting, and feel like they take stories in unexpected directions. Anyways, that's the inspiration behind this shirt design. I used old fashioned text, art-deco 1920's stuff. My buddy Mark suggested the light bulbs around the bottom text, like a marquee. I thought that was a nice touch.

Anyways, the shirt is for sale one day only, December 5, for $10 bucks on Teefury.com.

No comments:

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.