Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dig Dug/Warriors Parody


Through Dean Haspiel's facebook, I realized that my favorite video game character is turning 30. I still play Dig Dug on a "plug-n-play" console that connects directly to my teevee. Joannie's kids got it for me for Christmas. I'm not too much into new video games. Too complicated with all the buttons and whatnot. I can't properly zone out. Anyways, after I saw they are celebrating Dig Dug's birthday over at ShiftyLooks in comics form, I decided to finish this old drawing I had of Dig Dug screaming Cyrus' famous line from the Warriors. Initially, it was supposed to be a t-shirt design, but I didn't think it would resonate with the younger audience.

Nonetheless, glad I finished it. It was fun. I love playing Dig Dug. And it has been a while since I did a drawing just to be doing a drawing.

No comments:

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.