Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SWANS - gig poster






















Poster designed for the SWANS
With XIU XIU
18”x24”
Screen Print
edition of 100
More info HERE
Click on the image details to see the design at 100%

Here’s the final art for the Swans poster. I had been posting process shots to show how I worked on it. Let me know what you think?

I really enjoyed working on this project because I just needed to try something different with my approach to rock posters. It was a challenge that sometimes had me wishing a jet engine would fall on my studio. But it came together in the end. I’m happy with the final piece. I know a few of my friends didn’t understand what I was trying to tell them until they saw the print. I actually learned a few things about anatomy that I forgot 20 years ago. Plus the research was the most fun.



3 comments:

Belle Dee said...

That's a beautiful piece!

pw! said...

saw this on OMGPosters and flipped for it. So jealous you got to do a SWANS poster!!! congrats!

betty garza said...

this is so fuckin cool.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.