Sunday, October 26, 2008

Autumn Drawing

11.75 x 16", red pencil on Arches Hot Press

Here's the finished drawing for the upcoming Autumn piece. I'm hoping to finish this within a week because soon I'm starting up a big project that might take up all of my time, given the other projects I'm scheduled for. I was really happy to get the time to draw it though. I had do a little more commission stuff and design work, so I haven't had a lot of time to work on personal stuff lately. That being said, the sketch was burning a hole on my desktop and I'm glad to move forward- and I'm really happy with the result.

I was really happy to see the response that my quick Autumn piece got and thanks to everyone who seemed to like it so much! I'd really envisioned the piece differently and wanted to experiment with some new elements in the finish and so, I press onward.

6 comments:

millie landis said...

wow tim, that's really beautiful- i can't wait to see it finished!

dan trauten said...

Yeah Tim, looks great, your pencil work is always really crisp and sharp. The color choice for the lines is a nice one, interested in seeing the color on top of it.

Chogrin said...

Beautiful pencil sketch. I have a feeling I will love both versions mutually.

pw! said...

just beautiful. i loved your "quick" autumn piece, i thought it was gorgeous, but if this incredible line drawing is any indication....drive on!

Eric Braddock said...

that line is looking really nice, man. and also, good hands, those are some nice hands. haha

∞ Amy ∞ said...

Gorgeous.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.