Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lord of the Rings Sunday


I'm not sure why I decided to do a quick value study for this too, but here it is.

Hey everyone, over the last year or so, I've come across people's blogs where they have a day in the week where they do a themed piece done quickly. My fellow UArts graduates have their own, Reau has Wolverine Wednesdays and Karen Hagen has Superhero Sunday. In the same spirit of geekdom and producing things, I'm going to begin a Lord of the Rings Sunday, where I will do a new portrait of a Lord of the Rings character from the movies. I've been a fan for years and it'll give me a nice excuse to buff up my sketchbook with some nice, finished little portrait drawings :)

And the debut character, Gimli! The drawing is only about 5"-6" high, done with colored pencil and charcoal pencil.

Some of you may be thinking, "why the hell would he choose Gimli?" My answer is this.. because he has an awesome beard and helmet.

Next week: Samwise Gamgee.

3 comments:

Chogrin said...

Yes Gimli!!!

pw! said...

oh man these are awesome. tell me you've done/are doing a million more like these

Eric Braddock said...

doing a series of em, bigger and better from this point out. :)

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.