Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Ode to Summer

I feel like most people who live in Philly can connect with this. Driving to Wildwood, Sea Isle, Island Beach, wherever! Traveling "down the shore" to New Jersey during the summer is always a welcome escape from the bustle of the city. I wanted to make a painting about Jersey so here it is. Happy last few weeks of summer everyone.
Below is the color study that I did for the piece. Color studies are nice, but seeing the changes and decision-making that happen once you get to the final touches of the painting is even nicer.

7 comments:

Chogrin said...

Beautiful, love the colors, details, and texture! It really captures a fun summer feel.

BRADFORD said...

I can totally connect with this.

Christine Larsen said...

Love the fact that it reflects the shore's colors. As someone who grew up near the JS, I really appreciate this.

Eric Braddock said...

Aw. I love the jersey shore. Very cool. Great textures too :)

Adrienne Langer said...

thanks guys!

pw! said...

nice painting, nice colors and decisions

Collin David said...

I'll be going to Sea Isle next week! This totally captured the feeling.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.