Saturday, May 14, 2011

TMNT - From Sketch to Scratch


Brave New Worlds? TMNT? - COWABUNGA!!! When I heard of this show I jumped at the opportunity to produce a new, fresh piece for the show.

I focused my turtles on the original Kevin Eastman/Peter Laird's version. I began with my usual technique by drawing the sketch with my left hand (seen on left sketch). Once I had everything in place after countless erasing - I traced and cleaned up the lines with my right hand onto scracthboard beginning the scratch process. (seen on the right)

Next I will be preparing for colors - I know the originals did not have color but the covers did :)

2 comments:

Bryan Brinkman said...

great work and very cool idea using both hands.

EDWIN VAZQUEZ said...

Thanks for the compliment... I'll post the color version soon...

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.