Friday, September 16, 2011

FRIDAY FEATURE: ICONOCLASTIC DEAD - SPECIAL GUEST (JORGE GUTIERREZ)


As the Iconoclastic Dead show approaches, it is my great pleasure to reveal some of the amazing special guests we have in store for the show.

Up first is a man who has influenced me and keeps inspiring me as I write this post. It is an honor have Jorge Gutierrez joining us for the Iconoclastic Dead.

Jorge is known for his Luchador / Dia de los Muertos (very Mexican) drawing style, his Super Macho cartoons, his company MEXOPOLIS (with his wife and partner Sandra Equihua), and one of my favorite cartoon shows, EL TIGRE!

Jorge chose to portray the great Mexican revolutionary legend and hero, Emiliano Zapata, who is known for the slogan "Tierra y Libertad" (Land and Freedom). Read more about him here or by clicking the image below.

I became of fan of Jorge's work when I befriended Eric Gonzalez (from my internship at Cartoon Studios in 2006). Eric introduced me to Jorge's & Sandra's work, as well as their 2005 pilot for EL TIGRE! I was hooked!

Chogrin with Jorge's "Viva Zapata"

Since then, I've watched about every episode of el Tigre and always look forward to any new project Jorge is working on. Another reason I admire Jorge (from a latino point of view) is because he wears his heritage on his sleeve proudly.

I could keep going and nerding out, but you can see for yourself how creative and inspiring Jorge is in the following videos. Viva Jorge!

Jorge's Interview with his childhood hero and cartoonist legend, Sergio Aragonés

2 comments:

Jorge R. Gutierrez said...

Thank you Chogrin!!!

pw! said...

WOW. what a phenomenal piece by phenomenal talent. congratulations to all, this is huge! love the lynda.com movies

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.