Monday, October 10, 2011

Donald Duck


For whatever reason I've had the to idea to do a weird drawing of Donald Duck floating in my head for probably a year or two now. Something about the design of early animation characters is just so perfect; it makes you want to do your own take on them even though you know it will never be as good as the original.

Also, I recently got to spend a day at Walt Disney World and one of the gift shop items I found were these plush Mickey Mouse dolls that had really weird arbitrary coloring, and I loved them. I eventually found a Minnie, Goofy, and several color variations for Mickey, but no Donald. So I decided to carry the idea over to  my drawing and give Donald his own funky palette.

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.