Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sneak Peak 80's style



Hey all. I don't usually show my preliminary steps or process... for no other reason than I don't really think to. But I thought I'd show my final drawings for my 80's piece. There was no question in my mind what my painting was gonna be about. I love Prince. For serious. So here he is playing the white cloud and looking great Purple Rain style with two of his main gals from the 80's: Cat, an amazing dancer with boundless energy and charisma; and the super sexy and even more super talented drummer, Sheila E. Hope y'all like them so far!

Maryann

5 comments:

Murderous T Stabwell said...

holy shit. the symbol man himself is looking great! and i guess those sexy dames are okay too. can't wait for the finish.

Desiree Fabela said...

I'm really excited about this! Even if I didn't like Prince, which, Good God I do, I'd still really like these three figures. Can't wait for color, too!

pw! said...

oh man that prince is dynamite. while i have no memory of it, my parents assure me that Shiela E was my first concert when they couldn't find a babysitter.

eamon said...

The Prince drawing is my favorite. Very rockin'.

Chogrin said...

These all rule! The drummer is my favorite though! ;p

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.