Friday, August 6, 2010

First solo show! Scott Derby: Illustrations, August 6th at Primer Gallery

Hello all,

It has been a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to let everyone know that I will be having my first solo show of work on Friday, August 6th, 6-9 pm, at the Primer Microgallery in Hatboro, PA as part of Hatboro's "First Friday" event. It will be a collection of both older and newer work, originals and prints, most of which will be available for sale.

It's a great location, and I am honored to have been invited to show my work at this small, but very hip, design firm/microgallery.
Food and drink will be served, so if you're in the area, come on out and say hello.

For more details, check out Primer at http://Primerinc.com

The above piece, done specifically for this show, is basically a self-portrait, circa 1986 or '87, illustrating how music, primarily the punk genre, blew my mind and changed my life... I wanted to show some of my favorite bands and some of the albums that I first discovered when this amazing music form reached out from behind shitty commercial radio and arena rock to grab me by the nut sack. I guess I can call this "Portrait of the artist as a young punk"...

3 comments:

Dave Perillo said...

Awesome, i am so gonna pants you on Friday...

i didn't know you liked the Ramones?

Chogrin said...

Wish I was there Derby, congrats!

pw! said...

i sure do love the subject matter! congrats, hope the show is a huge success

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.