Friday, August 6, 2010

First solo show! Scott Derby: Illustrations, August 6th at Primer Gallery

Hello all,

It has been a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to let everyone know that I will be having my first solo show of work on Friday, August 6th, 6-9 pm, at the Primer Microgallery in Hatboro, PA as part of Hatboro's "First Friday" event. It will be a collection of both older and newer work, originals and prints, most of which will be available for sale.

It's a great location, and I am honored to have been invited to show my work at this small, but very hip, design firm/microgallery.
Food and drink will be served, so if you're in the area, come on out and say hello.

For more details, check out Primer at http://Primerinc.com

The above piece, done specifically for this show, is basically a self-portrait, circa 1986 or '87, illustrating how music, primarily the punk genre, blew my mind and changed my life... I wanted to show some of my favorite bands and some of the albums that I first discovered when this amazing music form reached out from behind shitty commercial radio and arena rock to grab me by the nut sack. I guess I can call this "Portrait of the artist as a young punk"...

4 comments:

Dave Perillo said...

Awesome, i am so gonna pants you on Friday...

i didn't know you liked the Ramones?

Chogrin said...

Wish I was there Derby, congrats!

pw! said...

i sure do love the subject matter! congrats, hope the show is a huge success

DiSCo said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading..
seslisohbet seslichat sesli sohbet sesli chat sesli sesli site görünlütü sohbet görüntülü chat kameralı sohbet kameralı chat sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat siteleri sesli muhabbet siteleri görüntülü sohbet siteleri görüntülü chat siteleri görüntülü muhabbet siteleri kameralı sohbet siteleri kameralı chat siteleri kameralı muhabbet siteleri canlı sohbet sesli muhabbet görüntülü muhabbet kameralı muhabbet birsesver birses

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.