Tuesday, August 3, 2010

3G show piece by Scott Derby

Hey all,

Since everyone seems to be starting to post their 3G pieces for the show at Gallery 1988 on September 3rd, I figured I throw my hat (or derby?) into the ring.
I decided to go with a tattoo flash theme to all 3 of my pieces, with the first one being my Gremlin's piece. Based on the old school tattoo idea of "Man's Ruin" which usually shows various items of temptation such as liquor, dice, playing cards, women of ill repute, etc. I decided to showcase items from the 3 rules of caring for a gremlin or "Mogwai"; 1) No bright light; 2) Never get them wet; and 3) Never EVER feed them after midnight.... Hope you enjoy!
Best
Derby

2 comments:

pw! said...

Scott i love what you're doing here, with the theme, the subject matter, everything. really original, really bold. i can't wait to see more

Chogrin said...

Don't be surprised when you see this tattooed on someone after the show! Good stuff Scott!

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.