Monday, August 23, 2010

3GGG!


I present these three little rascals. I heard about the show a while back, but was only invited recently to join it. The problem was, I was just about to go on vacation! But I put a down payment on a few groggy mornings to get these done. I don't know why I ultimately went for self portraits, it just seemed the thing to do for me. I try to make my pieces more personal, even if they deal with pop culture. Making yourself a character from the movie is a bit blatant, and might be a little narcissistic, but I really like these pieces. Simple. Fun?

In any case, Im really honored to join such great artists contributing to the show. Although I wont be able to attend, I have really enjoyed seeing all the great work you all have put up.

Check out more of my crap here.

2 comments:

pw! said...

oustanding

Kasey Tararuj said...

i like that you made these personal, even though it's pop culture. before even knowing they were self portraits i thought they were very cool, definitely a different and fun approach. awesome!

ALL IMAGES, ARTWORK, AND WORD COPYRIGHT © THE AUTUMN SOCIETY & ITS INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS / ARTISTS

the autumn society IS COPYRIGHT 2010 THE AUTUMN SOCIETY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BLOG AND ITS CONTENTS MAY BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ITS MEMBERS / ARTISTS.